Tuesday, 12 June 2012

A Bathing Beauty with Heart Lips

  The weather has taken a shocking turn for the worse here in the UK, but a little ray of sunshine has been magically forming in my creative corner. I designed and made this little lady alongside my last two Water Maiden illustrations. She's such a bright and sunny creation I've hardly noticed the constant rain and gale force winds at all!

   This cheerful little lady has a felt swim cap with individually cut felt flowers, black merino wool curls peeking out from under her cap and a vintage style swim suit (which I desperately want in my size) made from 1930's fabric. I have given her red heart shaped lips - reminiscent of Kathryn Grayson who I think has the cutest lips I have ever seen! When I was a girl and my obsession with old Hollywood was developing I remember thinking this operatic beauty was so incredibly fortunate to have lips shaped like a heart! The memory is so vivid to me I had to post these pics and dare any of my readers not to agree!




















  Pip x

2 comments:

  1. Qué preciosidad!!! tus muñecas son lindísimas y simpáticas... la inspiración en actrices es, sencillamente super original y todo un tributo!!
    Tu trabajo es bellísimo!
    Espero seguir tu blog cada día... me has encantado!
    gracias
    karumina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchísimas gracias, qué bonito escuchar sus comentarios. Espero que siga disfrutando de mi página. Muchas gracias Sarah x

      Delete