Sunday, 2 December 2012

Fairies

  When I was a little girl I was convinced there were fairies at the bottom of my grandma's garden......






Looking at another way of making wings I found this piece of old embroidery among my vintage fabric scraps. Craft wire, sequins and a few extra stiches and hey presto a beautiful pair of fairy wings.




Her hair is a bright technicolour yellow - to match her tights!










 








Nini Theilade in A Midsummer Nights Dream 1935




A Cicely Mary Barker flower fairy, Louise Brooks style fairy by Ida Outhwaite, The famous Cottington Fairies 1917.




I wanted her to look like she'd lept from a dusty old trunk full of old costumes and fairytales.






4 comments:

  1. I love them a lot!!! :) Great work! I´m just making min waldorf dolls so I know how time consuming this must have been! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful wee fairy ... absolutely exquisite!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much lovely lady. Just read your latest post. Boy I am so with you regards that 1950s cotton swimsuit! Oh so Esther Williams. Some lucky Million Dollar Mermaid is bound to snap it up x

      Delete
  3. lovely! As always. I love it when you share your inspiration photos too ;-)

    ReplyDelete