Monday, 10 December 2012

My Tree Fairy...

   This year I made 6 fairies for my shop and 3 custom order ones, alas I have no winged beauty for the top my own festive tree!? I've therefore decided to keep this little 1930's missy, give her some fairy wings (like she's off to a costume party) and save her for our soon to be festive looking household.
marigold curls, vintage silver embellishment, silver wings and a vintage yellow chiffon gown





Christmas illustrations from vintage childrens books
Initial sketches




4 comments:

  1. She's beautiful Sarah. Can't wait to see her on your tree, do take photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much. Yes indeed I will be taking photos!

      Delete
  2. She is so gorgeous! Her billowing, chiffony golden-yellow, gown is beyond perfect. I just adore your work Sarah, I really do.

    Watched Irving Berlins White Christmas this afternoon at home in the warm with my little girl - made me think of you and your fabulous dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryony, Oh how lovely! I love White Christmas! My little boy would be quite smitten with that one too. Been working on the lovely winter showgirl today! Thankyou for your lovely comments I'm so happy my work captures the essence of old Hollywood.

      Delete