Friday, 25 January 2013

Jean Harlow Finale!

  For all the Jean Harlow fans out there, and for those who simply enjoy reading my blog....I present my finished Jean inspired art dolls. Each doll has a ribbon sewn to her back (as most of my doll creations do) so you can hang her glamorously from your wall or mirror. I'm also pretty sure she'd be quite at home elegantly posed among your powders, perfumes and potions.


 

  I really have spent my last couple of weeks engrossed and obsessively researching one of my favourite screen idols. I pride myself on already being a bit of Jean Harlow fanatic but it was little snippets of information that I'd forgotten or newly discovered that made this whole project an absolute joy!

 Before anyone asks I will be listing in my shop over the weekend (will tweet and facebook to announce) I had intended to list today but there are still a few finishing touches to make. Listing is incredibly time consuming and I still have a few sequins to sew and a few ribbons to add before they are available for sale. As I said in my previous post there will be no reserves made on this collection so everyone who is interested has a fair chance.

  I hope you enjoy one of my favourite posts to date.......Jean Harlow we salute you!


Easy to see why everyone loves Jean.



I love seeing Jean in all her off-duty looks - she really does carry off a pair of high waisted pants to perfection!







Black feathers ,black velvet, black sequins and black beads.











Pocketsized mini Jean








I love this picture. I photographed this from my book Harlow in Hollywood as I couldn't find a copy anywhere on the net. I have to include it in my post as its one of my favourites. April 1932



Still a little bit of work to do on this one.

Every doll will have a little Jean tag.




Oh girls the things we went through for glamour! With Spencer Tracy in Libeled Lady 1936


William Powell the love of Jeans life.


There are little bits of blue threaded into this ones hair.
 
 
 
 
.."jean was one of my most cherished friendships. You would have thought we were in boarding school we had so much fun. We'd stay up half the night talking and sipping gin, sometimes laughing, sometimes discussing more serious things... Jean was always cheerful, full of fun, but she also happened to be a sensitive woman with a great deal of self-respect. All that other stuff, that was put on. She just happened to be a good actress who created a lively characterization that exuded sex appeal." Snippet from Myrna Loys autobiography Being and Becoming


Jean and Clark Gable on the set of Red Dust 1932 one of my favourite Jean Harlow movies



The Jean team...



'She didn't want to be famous she wanted to be happy'...Clark Gable..


 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!They are divine...want all of them....you are so clever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delicious! These will fly off to new homes. Will keep the beady eye peeled for your 'listed' announcement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much...You were right, they have left me already. x

      Delete
  3. Jean Harlow is my favourite actress and I worship at her alter!! Your dolls are incredibly beautiful, such attention to detail! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sooo much! I'm honoured. I love 'Pull Your Socks Up' You are a funny, sassy and a very stylish lady. x

      Delete