Monday, 18 March 2013

More Circus Dolls...

  Two more circus showgirls......





Both these dolls have the slightly new shape, nipped in waist and shoulder structure.



1920's style gold flapper wig, silk turban and matching costume ensemble with gold star sequins and a green velvet cape. All vintage fabrics.




I have now added a white feather and simple headdress to this showgirls detailed costume made from new and vintage fabrics.



Vintage blue velvet costume to which I have added gold beads. Pink frill with star sequins and sparkling headdress with felt and sequined star. Powder blue tights.

 
 
Olga Baclanova in Freaks 1932 I was inspired by her high collared cape and simple sparkling headband.
 
 
 
I love this picture. I'd love to have a go at making a headdress like the one on the right...
 
 
 




Waiting for beads and sequins!
 
Added some large dusky pink feathers








 
 
 

Beautiful vintage illustration




Circus Girl 1920's




Amazing picture from one of my favourite books The Circus 1870's-1950's
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the star head dress. Wish I looked this glam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, do you take reservations for these? I'm seriously obsessing over the raven haired circus girl. <3

    ReplyDelete