Monday, 20 May 2013

More Little Portraits.....


I Only Have Eyes For You Acrylic on canvas textured paper












... I seriously think there's nothing better than to step into your well worn dance shoes (with ribbons of course), shimmy into a cute puffy sleeved blouse (preferably with tiny red polka dots) and pull on your buttoned braced tap pants!....
  I have enthusiastically added to my Busby Berkeley chorines collection over the weekend. Infact I've worked quite obsessively. Thinking up their outfits, hairstyles and names has pretty much consumed my every available working hour.




 Mary Lou Acrylic on canvas textured paper


    Some of the ladies who are inspiring this 'oh so enjoyable to work on' collection..



From top left: Joan Blondell, Ruby Keeler, Bebe Daniels and Ginger Rogers




Toby Wing and Una Merkel









  This new collection of work will be available as a postcard set in my shop soon. I think there are eight chorines altogether. I love how they are all coming together and I'm seriously enjoying doing lots of drawing and painting.
  My problem is there are just too many things I want to paint and make....As I said in a previous post I've got lots of things on the go at present, some almost finished, some half way through and some just seeds of thought that may or may not flourish into a full blown idea. Whatever I'm creating or indeed obsessing over you sure will be the first to know.
  I hope your week is off to a flying start. x

No comments:

Post a Comment