Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Things I'm Working On.....

  Today I'd like to bring you a post on just a few of the things I'm working on. Some might say I have too many projects on the go but I like to wake up in the morning and have a choice as to what ever takes my fancy. I also find I have to get started on new ideas pretty much straight away otherwise I just don't sleep!
  We had a short spell of amazing sunshine in the UK a few weeks ago so my obsession with vintage beach wear reached catastrophic heights! and I began making sunny summer beach dolls and corsages......
I'm so in love with this swim suit. Made from 50's fabric



Coolie Hats!



LOVE! From the colour fashion sequence in 'The Women' 1939




Raffia sun hat made in the same way as you might make a pom pom
  And in the anticipation of the forthcoming movie The Great Gatsby I'm creating a few one off Daisy Buchanan doll face corsages.....
Flapper fabulousness! chiffon and rhinestones
  I'm really pleased with the how these little faces are turning out, but since I want to add feathers as well  they may be a little too extravagant for wear (maybe a wedding) They'd look equally as lovely on you mirror or in a box frame - with some fancy art deco paper.
The beautiful and talented Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan

Portrait of Belinda




Lots of lovely sparkly rhinestones on Belinda's costume and ruffle.






  I hope everyone's having a good week. Rest assured I will bring you full posts of my latest creations in due cause.

   Now I hate to contradict myself but recently I decided not to reserve items as I was getting confused who reserved what and having emails from people saying there's noting to buy its all reserved! Now I get lots of emails from upset peeps saying they missed out again! I'm soooo sorry - you have to be quick folks...There are a few hard core pipettes out there that purchase a fair few of my creations. Great to have fans but those who can't purchase within minutes of listing or are on the other side of the world and it's the middle of the night tend to miss out.  I will therefore consider reserving again.

  I'm still working on my circus illustrations for those who have been asking and yes I will be eventually listing them as prints and postcard sets in my shop.

  I also have the finishing touches to add to Persephone and Gretchen before listing in my shop....














4 comments:

  1. Am loving your bathing belles so gorgeous. Off to see The Great Gatsby on Saturday can't wait. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm excited about seeing it too - despite lots of negative reviews I've read. I shall make my own judgement. Be interested to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these creations are amazing!!! complimets
    Debora

    ReplyDelete