Friday, 6 September 2013

Glynis, Clark and Myrtle

  Next week I shall be doing another limited run of the Call of the Sea prints for my shop. Over the Summer I'm afraid I have fallen hook line and sinker for this happy trio and leaving them behind has just proved too much to bear.
 
  Since I've got to know all three of them so well I've made three final pictures to add to the collection. These have been drawn and painted on khadi paper (fast becoming my favourite paper to work with) which suits the scrap book style of the pieces.
 
  For some reason they've not scanned quite as well as I had hoped, but next week I will have a play about with my scanner and print some up on different papers to see which suits them best - I'll then list them in my shop with the others. If you missed out on a print last time here's another chance to grab your favourite!
 
  I'm so happy with this collection, working with various materials, paints and papers has been amazing. I've worked in the sunshine, by the sea in Tenby and late into the night with many a glass of wine and cup of tea. Overall its been a very happy experience. I hope you think it was worth it and its given you a good old whiff of the sea!
 
  I have to say I think the image of Clark in his waders has tipped me over the edge - I'm crazy for him!!!! 
 
 





























  I've also been sewing this week and will have a Cat Woman called Simone (after Simone Simon of course) to show you next week.

  Have a great weekend whatever you are up to xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh these are just so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love absolutely everything about your creations; from the details to the names you give them.

    Happy weekend to you and your bunch of merry characters.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou so much. I feel so lucky to receive such positive comments from creative folk who's blogs I also adore. Millefeuilles your creations are beautiful x

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely collection, especially with the matching dolls... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Verity Hope. I'm in awe of your lovely creations too, always look forward to your posts and eagerly await your Etsy shop update x

      Delete
  4. I love these I can't wait to get another one of your pieces to add to my collection x

    ReplyDelete