Thursday, 26 September 2013

Mimi Allen....

  In my last post I introduced you to Mimi Allen a travelling showgirl.... She's not quite finished yet but I will take more photos once I've done so and you can see her in all her glory!






I'm crackers for her little suitcase which I've made with paper mache, acrylic paint and varnish. I've finished it off with a label which has her name on and the theatre at which she will be performing.







  Since I'm all about the high waisted pant at the moment, I decided to finish off Mimi's outfit with a pair of autumn/winter trousers ( I was originally going to make her a green skirt like in my design below but changed my mind) She carries a suitcase - which I've made in paper mache and no doubt contains all the things a showgirl might need on tour.....The gin sours sealed her personality for me!

  This will be available as a print in my shop from next week.
 
Mimi's Rehearsal Weekend Essentials ...Gouache on handmade khadi paper
  
   Mimi inspiration.....


Top Left: Mary Carlisle, Toby Wing, Lydia Roberti
Bottom Left: Joan marsh, Una Merkel and Marion marsh




 

No comments:

Post a Comment