Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Nancy Beaton Tree Topper and other Festive Fairies......

 Several weeks ago when I was looking forward to embarking on festive fairies, a very pretty idea was given to me via Twitter. Why don't I make a Nancy Beaton style tree topper?
 Nancy Beaton is the sister of the famous photographer Cecil Beaton and in 1929 he snapped Nancy as a shooting star, draped in cellophane - a material he often used for his subjects or backdrops.




 
  With this heavenly idea in mind I used a recent purchase of beautiful, original 1920's chiffon, embellished with sparkling rhinestones and created an evening gown I hope any tree topper fairy would be proud of.  Nancy has little tinsel pipe cleaner wings (like last years fairies) stars in her golden hair and a beautiful star wand. Here are some working progress photos and the finished item.


The little net skirt underneath puffs out the dress ever so slightly. I didn't want a big, big tutu style dress as I wouldn't fit with the era.






She's like a cross between Nancy Beaton, Daisy Buchanan and Glinda from The Wizard of Oz!


  This little tree topper is dainty and eye catching I wish she could stay with me forever!



Worthy of any Christmas tree I hope



  I adore making dolls and have pages of ideas for the New Year so if you're after a Pip doll I would love you to have one. They do get snapped up rather quickly I'm afraid but they'll be plenty more so don't be too disappointed.





  It's getting a little chilly in these parts, stay toasty! I hope to you show you more paper doll ideas by the end of the week plus I'll list a few more Alpine peg paper poppets in the shop.

x


4 comments:

  1. Oh my they are just stunningly adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw so beautiful, I wish I could buy one <3 you make the most beautiful dolls luv <3

    ReplyDelete