Thursday, 7 November 2013

Original paintings...

  Still inspired by Roman Polanski's 1968 film 'Rosemary's Baby' these cute acrylic paintings will be up for sale over in my shop very soon. It seems a shame to split them so they will be sold together...I think.




  I love the bit in the film when Rosemary arrives home having had her hair chopped and says "I've been to Vidal Sassoon. It's very in." In real life however Vidal Sassoon apparently had nothing to do with Mia's coif and Mia Farrow claims she cut it herself - with a pair of fingernail scissors! and Mr Sassoon was just bought in as a publicity stunt.












pencil drawing...

Beginning to add the colour....





This is at my desk. They look so pretty with all those Autumn leaves outside my window. 


 
  Starting off with small, simple and affordable pieces such as this, I'm planning to create and list lots more of my original artwork in the future. There is something very special about owning an artwork that is entirely one off with no other copies. Hope you like them.

  Each piece is 4"x 4" (so like little tiles) They are painted in acrylics and have a coat of varnish for protection and a bit of shine.

  I shall be returning to my darling Alpine Peg tomorrow in order to complete an illustration of her sat up in a tree, chatting with an owl!...I have a dream job! x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these! It would be so swell if you made more in the future. I'd be so delighted to have original paintings inspired by Jean Harlow and/or Clara Bow films on my walls. :)

    ReplyDelete