Thursday, 8 May 2014

Jean Prints and Postcard Sets, Self Promotion and Constance Bennett.......

  Good afternoon folks from a very wet and soggy Bristol.

  It's been a week since I last posted so thought I'd share some news and snaps of my latest work. Those of you waiting for my Jean Harlow postcard sets and prints hopefully won't have to wait too much longer - they are happening! I'm about half way through the process of getting them ready for print but this can be a little time consuming. Photoshop comes easy to some people but not always to me and I need to make sure the sizing etc..is perfect.


2 designs from the Jean Harlow Postcard Sets...In pen and ink....


  This next glamorous Miss is based on Constance Bennett - Who I think has just the most beautiful little hair line in all of old Hollywood! And I simply adore her in 'Topper' 1937 and 'Topper Takes a Trip' 1938 


Constance Bennett






'After Office Hours' 1935 with Clark Gable - was very inspired by this outfit


  Next I've been working on a lady in blue with a coolie hat. The hat took forever but I'm glad I stuck to it and I'm really pleased with the result.


Little vintage fabric blouse with boat patten. Little coolie hat made from cord, embroidery silk and felt.


  Thankyou to all my lovely followers, vintage gals, friends and family who are voting for me - Best Vintage Style Artist in the National Vintage Awards. I checked the current stats this morning and I am sadly falling behind a fair bit. It's a tough one really online voting and I've been doing as much promoting as I can - putting aside an hour or so a day to work on it - but it does sometimes feel a little pleading, and I'd hate to come across in that way. I don't do markets so am doing all my promotion from my desk at home. I'd so adore to win, it would be the cherry on my bakewell (sounds a bit rude!) but whatever happens I can't wait to slip into my 1930's velvet frock for an evening of vintage heaven next month.


1930's black velvet gown. Who wouldn't feel like Myrna Loy in this beauty?


 I've been looking at all the other nominees in the competition and they're fantastic. I haven't made up my mind who to go for in each category yet but I will be placing my votes very soon.

  If you would like to vote for me in the National Vintage Awards 2014 (and I wish you would)  here's how:

  **To do so go to this link http://thenationalvintageawards.co.uk/vote2014/ Scroll down and find the Best Artist category and click on my name SarahBurford/CuriousPip  below that you will be asked to fill in your email as you're only entitled to one vote per category - this is in order to make it fair. Adding in your email is very important otherwise your vote won't be counted... Then press VOTE** 




  I've been taking photos of my dolls and illustrations featuring the flyer - A fun way to promote myself!



  Lots of love to one and all!!!! xx

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is my absolute favorite these days. Your posts cheer me up so much! So yes, ofcourse I have voted for you.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much Lindsay Lane! How lovely - thankyou! Likewise I look forward to your posts too. Was very interested in your latest red- head post! Your post on Thelma Todd was so interesting, I knew about the tragedy of her death but not the whole story. I saw the movie she made with Laurel and Hardy not too long ago how sad that she died just after. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just voted for you! Love your work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete