Friday, 11 July 2014

Latest Work....

  Happy Friday folks! Here's a few snaps of things I've been working on that you may or may not have seen on other social networking sites (I can't keep up with them all at the moment!)

  I never tire of creating Jean Harlow!




Having a gossip with Myrna Loy


  I do post a lot of images on Instagram - working progress, things that inspire me, books, movie pics and vintage clothes etc... so here's a few images lifted from my IG account of my latest work. As you will see I have started to illustrate some little portraits of the all female cast of The Women 1939  I could go on and on about the beauty of this movie from the characters and the witty one liners to the amazing costumes designed by the one and only Adrian I will bring you a nice big 'The Women' post next week hopefully with some shots of my inspired pieces of work. I'm hopefully going to try and squeeze in a few dolls inspired by the movie too (which I'm so glad I own on DVD as I can watch it endlessly) they may take me all Summer as I'll have less time, but I don't think I'll be able to hold back on making a glamorous and sassy character in a 1940's hooded dress! I so want a dress like the hooded beauty Paulette Goddard wears in her first scene. I am constantly on the look out for one!




Lets all have a little drinky!  The Women 1939 Paulette Goddard as Miriam, Mary Boland as the Countess De Lave and Norma Shearer as Mary Haines

  Have a great weekend!! x

1 comment:

  1. The Jean Harlow doll is fabulous. Love all the details on her dress and accessories.

    ReplyDelete