Tuesday, 19 August 2014

New Myrna Doll....


Nora Charles: He's dragged me into every gin mill on the block!!!


Myrna's dress is made from beautiful autumnal 1940's fabric. I have kept a autumn theme to her outfit by suitably matching her hat and bag with her dress. Her legs are wired for posing in a seated position and the little buttons on her collar, sleeves and pocket are also vintage - as is the button on her belt. Asta is my own sketch printed onto Epson matte paper and backed onto some sturdy card. He also wears a coat to match Myrna ensemble.

  This is my third Myrna Loy doll inspired by her famous role as Nora Charles. I'm afraid she has skipped away from my shop already this morning but I really wanted to upload these photos so you could see all the little details on her hat, bag and dress. Asta's looking fairly snazzy too!






On the shelf



Myrna approves. This 'Hat' print is now available over in my Etsy shop.





  Curious Pip xx

3 comments:

  1. Love!!! Did you ever try a 3 dimensional Asta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, no I've not but it might just be something for me to think about. Sarah

      Delete
  2. Love your dolls! And Myrna Loy has always been one of my favorites! I just love the way she coos "Oh, Nicky!" in that insinuating tone to William Powell all through the Thin Man series.

    ReplyDelete