Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Custom Order Jean.......

  It's all about the underwear!

  There is nothing more lovely than 1930's dusky pink tap pants, champagne gold bias cut negligees, slips, silk stockings and the palest peach girdles, garters and brassieres...

  Custom order Jean Harlow heads to her vanity in vintage satin and lace undergarments with vintage pearly buttons, carefully crafted stockings, a handmade garter and rhinestone snappers on her ribbon suspenders.










Carol Lombard and Josephine Dunn during the 1930's

  When I was commissioned to create one of my Jean Harlow dolls in cute yet slinky boudoir attire I was ever so slightly out of my comfort zone - in the dreamiest way possible! - I guess my dolls  lean more towards the quirky, cute, rather than boudoir doll. However, armed with my many reference books, the internet and a pretty selection of recently purchased vintage slinky fabrics and lace, I set to work on beautiful Jean in very fetching undercrackers!!


My first sketches











  The real beautiful Jean Harlow









  I hope that everyone is staying cosy (if you're in the UK of course) on this fresh and beautiful December morning. I hope to bring you several more posts before Christmas so do keep an eye on my other social media sites. Happy Wednesday!

  Pip x

3 comments:

  1. I love your dolls! How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dolls and the juxtaposition with the old timey posters is very evocative.

    ReplyDelete