Thursday, 18 December 2014

Seasons Greetings from The Thin Man....

  Witty, sophisticated and always just that little bit tipsy - well it is Christmas after all!

  Here's a collection of festive photos from this years Christmas work. The pieces were inspired by none other than that Christmas classic 'The Thin Man' 1934 One of my favourite movies starring my favourite duo, Myrna Loy and William Powell (aka Nick and Nora)

  Lets do Christmas Nick and Nora style.....






Asta that's an excellent way to travel





Collar and cuffs are made from shearling sheepskin taken from an old 70's hat. Her jabot is vintage lace and her suit 100% wool felt. She also has a little rhinestone brooch.


  When we are first introduced to Nora Charles, she's been out Christmas shopping and is loaded up with presents. As Nora enters the bar room looking for her husband Nick, she trips, and scatters gifts all over the floor. It's perfect.

  She then goes on the match her husbands cocktail swigging by drinking five martinis and waking up with a tremendous hangover.


icebag and blouse made with two different types of vintage satin both 30's. Vintage lace jabot with rhinestone brooch. Felt mustard coloured skirt.



The lady herself. Myrna Loy as Nora


  I'm also super happy with the success of this years Christmas cards. There are obviously a lot of people who, like me, find this film so incredibly charming. I was a little worried at first just in case people wouldn't get them, which is why I did a collection with and without captions. For any real late Christmas card senders (if you're in the UK) there are still 2 sets left in the shop. 




  Here are the outfits that inspired the illustrations and dolls. I have obviously altered them slightly here and there as I have with each of the illustrated scenes and props.





















  This is my very last post of the year folks. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and learning about my creative thought process and what inspires each of my pieces.

  I have lots of lovely plans and ideas to kick start the New Year and hope you will continue to follow my work with enthusiasm. Thankyou for everyones constant supportive feedback. I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.




  Pip x

2 comments:

  1. I have just found you - love your Blog...fantastic. Being a fan of Myrna Loy this is right up my alley

    ReplyDelete