Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Bunny and Una Prints in the Shop!...

  I am so pleased to announce that (finally!!) you can now purchase these neat and cute little A5 prints of Bunny and Una. Yes folks the 'Once a Showgirl' collection is now in my Etsy Shop and will be followed by A6 greetings cards and envelopes. At some stage I will be selling the originals, I'm currently on the hunt for pretty frames, so I can sell the original works complete and ready to hang.


Once a showgirl Collection

  *The originals are slightly larger than the prints but I feel the prints work better smaller and with cute white boarders as pictured above.

  Each A5 print has a little silver or gold paint which I have added by hand.


Gold sparkling champagne added by hand.



Champagne and Gossip....Gouache



Showtime....Gouache



Dressing Room...Gouache





  All together I made 9 illustrations but unfortunately a couple didn't make the final collection - but this isn't to say I won't perhaps list them at a later date. The couple left out I felt were too samey and/or colours not quite in tune with the rest of the collection.



The Arrival of Pickle....Gouache




Audition....Gouache


  I've spent so many happy months with these all singing all dancing Busby Berkeley girls that I'm almost in a state of devastation to have to leave them behind. I still have a slightly unfinished Una doll sat on my shelf that I'm currently reluctant to finish because I feel sad to sell her. I will be exhibiting a few of my pieces in an exciting exhibition later in the year so it may well be that she sticks around with me until then.



Shopping...with Pickle...Gouache



Goodbye....Bunny and Una



  Anyway, onwards and upwards. I've started some sketches for a new collection which will take me back to the sea (you may remember my Call of the Sea collection back in 2013) and will involve a 1930's 'Bloomsbury Group' type Missy, a handsome fisherman and possibly the odd pastel haired mermaid....Very excited at the moment to be sketching and thinking of possible fabrics for beach pyjamas, swim caps and beach slippers! 





  Pip x

No comments:

Post a Comment