Thursday, 10 December 2015

Nora Charles Candy Cane Dress...

 .. is everyone dusting off their cocktail dresses and dancing shoes in anticipation of forthcoming sparkling parties and boozy soirées?

  Here's one of this years Nora dolls wearing the much coveted, floaty, striped cocktail dress from the movie 'The Thin Man' 1934

  When I embarked on creating this particular Nora I searched the internet for a floaty striped red and white fabric - alas I was unsuccessful and therefore decided to create my own design using fabric paint. I love the effect. The fabric was then washed to ensure there was no run. She wears a rhinestone bracelet and earrings, has little red shoes (very festive) and never goes anywhere without Asta...or her husband Nick - who's not on the scene as he's just 'putting away a little liquor'

  Hope you like her? I have sold this little lady now but I will be creating lots of lovely starlets in the New Year - I can't wait!

  Things have been a little slow off the mark lately due to the disruption of moving house and trying to organise a working space, but I am getting there slowly but surely. If you've commissioned a doll from me, I've not forgotten you I'm just a tiny bit behind but will catch up as soon as I can.

  Merry Christmas to one and all If I'm not able to swing by the blog between now and the main event

  Pip xx

'Asta, what to do? I'm all out of cocktail!'










'Cheers'

1 comment: