Friday, 30 September 2016

Halloween Mini Prints.....


Agnes the Witch  Dark brown gouache and a sepia pitt pen

  With my absolute favourite time of year just around the corner, I get all excited for dark chilly nights, falling leaves and the smell of bonfires. I've always been Ms Autumn/Winter so relish that special time when the children go back to school after the Summer and I can start working on my Halloween offerings.

  Another batch of Halloween mini prints have now been listed in my shop This is my second batch as yesterdays sets sold out before I had chance to write a post!


Agnes the Witch  mini prints by Curious Pip.



Mini prints backed onto beautiful black heavy paper. Perfect for framing.


Agnes the Witch created in dark brown gouache and sepia pitt pen

   This years Halloween character is inspired by Gale Sondergaad, who was the original choice for the  Wicked Witch of the West in the 1939 classic The Wizard of Oz. Sadly she turned the role down when it was decided the witch would be 'ugly' rather than glamourous. I think Ms Sondergaard and her agents felt it would damage her image as she usually played slinky villains! 


Gale Sondergaard in a screen test for the Wizard of Oz 1939

  I have also found inspiration in two old children's classics, The Worst Witch by Jill Murphy and The Little Witch by Anna Elizabeth Bennett. I read both these tales as a child and re reading them again as a adult has given me such pleasure. I absolutely loved both Mildred Hubble and Minikin Snickasnee as a little girl.




  Three wicked sequin doll face decorations where also made - although sadly I'm afraid they flew in the shop and flew straight back out again.


Witchy, witchy! Textile doll face decorations made with 100% wool black felt and hand sewn beads and sequins


"I'll get you my pretty!!!"
 
  Have a wonderful October and I promise I won't leave it too long before I post again!

Pip x

No comments:

Post a Comment